[Advantage Logistics] The Swiss box carrier MSC will apply new Peak Season Surcharges (PSS), which will take effect by the end of November, for cargoes transferred from Europe to America.
Firstly, MSC will implement a surcharge for containers sailing from the ports of Northwestern and ScanBaltic Europe, the West Mediterranean, Adriatic Sea and the Canary Islands to Canada and Mexico West Coast, and particularly, to the ports of Vancouver, Ensenada, Guaymas, Mazatlan, Manzanillo and Lazaro Cardenas.
The peak season surcharges which, will be effective from 27 November, will be US$1,000 per unit of all types, forming the freight rates as follows:
- From current US$1,500 to US$2,500 per 20’
- From current US$2,000 to US$3,000 per 40’
Effective from the same date, another surcharge of US$1,000 will be imposed by the Geneva-based shipping company, for dry, reefer and special equipment boxes from Northwestern and ScanBaltic Europe, to the ports of Long Beach, Oakland and Seattle, in the United States.
Hence, the updated prices will be as follows:
- From current US$2,200 to US$3,200 per 20’
- From current US$2,700 to US$3,700 per 40’
One day later, on 28 November, the world’s second – largest liner operator will introduce a same-sized PSS to all dry, reefer and special equipment cargoes travelling from the West Mediterranean, Adriatic and Canary Islands, to the aforementioned US destinations.
MSC said in a statement that these surcharges are “due to strong demand of containers and consequent difficulties to supply needed equipment from Europe to America.”
>> Other news:
>> 4 main types of services of Advantage Logistics:
>> Our contact:
- Address: 7th Fl., WMC Tower, 102ABC Cong Quynh Str., Pham Ngu Lao Ward , District 1, Hochiminh City, Vietnam
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Hotline (cell/ zalo/ viber): 0909.054.866 (Mr.Quyền) / 0938.444.043 (Mr.Trực)
- Web: https://advantage.vn